To celebrate the opening of the 2022 Spring Exhibition "Four Ancient Beauties", the gallery will open its door and host in person events. All activities are designed to address female themes, including gallery tour, antique jewellery handling, perfume testing and more. Let's explore the female charm from all aspects.
2022 Asian Art in London Summer Event Programme
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of Asian Art in London and the gallery becoming a member of the family, the gallery has launched four special private events, from handling sessions, tea ceremony to children treasure hunting.
Hope all of you will have fun learning ancient art!
- Sat, Jul 02London
- Private antique jewellery handling session with specialist Lucinda Orr: Art in miniature – intaglios and cameosFri, Jul 01LondonJul 01, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM GMT+1London, 3 Duke of York St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6JP, UKLucinda Orr is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable barrister and antique expert. It is a true pleasure to have herself present in the gallery. The numbers of tickets are extremely limited. First come first served.
- Private Japanese tea ceremony by tea master Keiko Uchida and introduction to traditional tea wares by Dr. Shanshan WangThu, Jun 30LondonJun 30, 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM GMT+1London, 3 Duke of York St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6JP, UKW. SHANSHAN 珊然軒 is launching a new four day programme as a part of Asian Art London's summer event . We are happy to invite Ms Keiko Uchida, Japanese tea master to provide guests with a private Japanese tea ceremony and workshop.
- Wed, Jun 29London
- Mon, Jun 13Royal Provenance
- Wed, May 25LondonMay 25, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM GMT+1London, 3 Duke of York St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6JP, UKA special evening with antique jewellery expert Lucinda Orr to explore a series of fine early 20th century Chinese silver necklaces. Lucinda Orr is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable barrister and antique expert. It is a true pleasure to have herself present in the gallery.
- May 19, 4:30 PM – 6:30 PM GMT+1London, 3 Duke of York St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6JP, UKThe in-person gallery exhibition tour is followed by a private perfume testing session with Roja Parfums. We will visit their store for the session and enjoy our evening with refreshment. It is a unique opportunity to explore femininity and elegance through ancient sculptures and modern fragrances.
- Sat, Apr 30Online eventApr 30, 6:00 PM – 6:45 PM GMT+1Online eventMore developed sea routes brought fashions from China to Japan and Korea and vice versa during the last millennium. The impact of this exchange can be seen clearly in Korean and Japanese ceramics. Dr. Shanshan Wang will show us a few fine examples of Goryeo celadons and Joseon white porcelain.
- Mar 24, 6:00 PM – 6:45 PM GMTLondon, Chelsea Manor St, London SW3 5EE, UKW. SHANSHAN 珊然軒 will exhibit as the only exhibitor for early Asian art. Dr. Shanshan Wang will be pleased to give everyone who attends the fair a tour to the highlights including the history and technique of early Asian pottery.
- Tue, Feb 15Online event
- Sat, Feb 05Online event
- Tue, Feb 01Online event
- Thu, Jan 27Online eventJan 27, 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM GMTOnline eventIn the first Monthly Art Salon of 2022, Dr. Shanshan Wang is going to present a variety of animal motifs associated wi the mysterious Indus Valley pottery. Among those, there is a classic water buffalo, which enables us to say bye to the Chinese year of Ox and welcome the new Chinese year of tiger.
- Thu, Dec 30Online Event
- Thu, Nov 25Online EventNov 25, 2021, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM GMTOnline EventFor the first time, Dr Shanshan Wang will open a conversation to bridge Western and Eastern ancient art tradition by starting from sculptures. We are happy to have Dr Carlo Milano, founder of Callisto Fine Arts, together to talk about the marble sculpture traditions.
- Tue, Nov 09Live Conversation 4Nov 09, 2021, 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM GMTLive Conversation 4In this conversation, Ben Tufnell, director of Parafin gallery, will discuss his recent selection of contemporary works, and try to establish a link between these British contemporary artworks with Dr Shanshan Wang's Korean objects, both of which reimagine the concept of nature.
- Thu, Oct 28W. SHANSHAN 珊然轩Oct 28, 2021, 6:30 PM – 7:30 PM GMT+1W. SHANSHAN 珊然轩, 3 Duke of York St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6JP, UKA unique opportunity to get closer to the ancient objects and feel them in your bare hands. A 45 minutes learning session given by Dr Shanshan Wang followed by drinks. Places are strictly limited.
- Thu, Oct 28W. SHANSHAN 珊然轩Oct 28, 2021, 2:30 PM – 3:30 PM GMT+1W. SHANSHAN 珊然轩, 3 Duke of York St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6JP, UKA unique opportunity to get closer to the ancient objects and feel them in your bare hands. A 45 minutes learning session guided by Dr Shanshan Wang followed by tea and cake. Places are strictly limited.
- Tue, Oct 26Live Conversation 3Oct 26, 2021, 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM GMT+1Live Conversation 3Once upon a time, there was a Chinese fashion in all English country houses. How is this tradition being carried on and is there still a market now? Conversation with Tim Langston, owner of Timothy Langston and expert in European decorative art, will give you the answers.
- Tue, Oct 19Live Conversation 2
- Tue, Oct 05Live conversation 1Oct 05, 2021, 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM GMT+1Live conversation 1For the first live conversation, we are delighted to have our guest speaker Meg Randell, Head of Department - Designer Handbags and Fashion at Bonhams. Shanshan and Meg will talk about the development of luxury handbags as a new category of collecting, as well as the current trend and market.
- Tue, Sep 28Online previewSep 28, 2021, 7:00 PM – 7:45 PM GMT+1Online previewOn Tuesday 28 September, Dr Shanshan Wang will take you through nine selected objects ranging from Neolithic pottery to Tang dynasty sculpture during an online introduction. The introduction will roughly take place from 7:00-7:30pm and will be followed by a Q&A session.